The name of the organisation shall be Seven/Five Filmmakers Forum
- To develop and support the arts across the Midlands region
- To develop creative learning and arts education in the region
- To work with community groups, national organisations and local authorities in the arts
- To assist creative business development and provide networking opportunities within the Midlands
- To create and develop a viable film production network across the Midlands region
- To increase film production and exhibition across the Midlands
- To provide skills development and education in film production
To further these aims the committee shall have the power to:
- Obtain, collect, receive and approve money or funds by way of contributions, donations, grants and any other lawful method towards the aims of the group.
- Associate local authorities, voluntary organisations, other relevant groups and residents of the Midlands area in a common effort to carry on with the aims of the group.
- Do all such lawful things as will further the aims of the group.
- Voting membership shall be open to all members who have completed the membership form within the group’s financial year.
- The Management Committee shall have the power to approve or reject applications for membership or to terminate the membership of any member provided that the member shall have the right to be heard by the committee before a final decision is made.
- Membership is open to all members of the community aged over 18 years.
- Membership of the organisation implies the undertaking to abide by the organisations constitution and code of conduct
- The organisation shall not be held responsible for any individual members infringing copyright laws.
- All legal responsibilities for production reside with the group member.
- All materials produced in a group project by the member of the organisation can be used to publicise the group. This includes possible editing of the source material.
- A Management Committee elected annually at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall manage the group.
- The committee shall consist of a chair, secretary, treasurer, and up to six other voting members.
- The committee shall meet at least four times each year.
- One third of the committee being present shall enable the business of the group to be carried out.
- A proper record of all transactions and meetings shall be kept.
- The Secretary shall conduct correspondence for the organisations business
- At the close of each year the Treasurer shall produce the income and expenditure balance sheet.
- An Annual General Meeting shall be held within 15 months of the date of the adoption of this constitution and each year thereafter.
- Notices of the AGM shall be published three weeks beforehand and a report on the Group’s financial position for the previous year will be made available at the same time.
- A Special General Meeting may be called at any time at the request of the committee, or not less than one quarter of the membership. A notice explaining the place, date, time and reason shall be sent to all members three weeks beforehand
- One third of membership or four members being present, whichever is the greater, shall enable a General Meeting to take place.
- Proposals to change the constitution must be given in writing to the secretary at least 28 days before a general meeting and approved by a two-thirds majority of those present and voting.
- The funds of the group, including all donations, contributions and bequests, shall be paid into an account operated by the management committee. All cheques drawn on the account must be signed by at least two members of the Management Committee.
- The funds belonging to the group shall be applied only to further the aims of the group.
- A current record of all income, funding and expenditure will be kept.
- Equipment purchased by the organisation shall be entered onto an asset register and will remain the property of the organisation.
- The Group may be dissolved by a resolution passed by a simple twothirds majority of those present and voting at a Special General Meeting.
- If confirmed, the committee shall distribute any assets remaining after the payment of all bills to other charitable group(s) or organisation(s) having aims similar to the Group or some other charitable purpose(s) as the Group may decide.
Constitution updated 2017/2018
Chair Keith Allott
Secretary Alexzandra Jackson
Treasurer Daniel Craddock